Monday 18 November 2013

Review Ren 3-in1 cleansing water


Review 

Ren 3-in-1 cleansing water £13


This product was given to me as a present and I have used about half of it now so I feel I am worthy of giving it a review.
I am a fan of Ren products so I was excited to use this one.
On the bottle it states that it is a gentle 3-in-1 cleanser, make-up remover and toner that is suitable for the most sensitive skins.
I followed the instructions and applied it over the face, eyes and neck area with a cotton pad.

This product contacts Rose flower water to calm and sooth the skin, as well as acting as a natural anti-ageing ingredient. It also contains citronella which is great for acne or oil prone skin.

I am used to using creamy cleansers, so the watery texture was different but pleasant and you can really smell the rose water in it. It did remove some of my make-up, however I still used another cleanser afterwards as I felt there was product still left on my skin. I wouldn't use this around my eyes as it made them sore.

Other Ingredients
Polysorbate 20 - acts as a detergents and emulsifier
Sodium Chloride - salt to thicken the product. This can also dry out the skin and make the skin sore (could have been why it made my eyes sore)
Phenoxyethanol - a preservative 
Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate- preservative. Can react on sensitive skins in more than 0.1% used instead of parabens
Lactic acid- brighten the skin. Is derived from fruit or milk

I would use this product as a toner rather than a cleanser and not apply it to the eye area. I have also used it as an on the spot treatment using a cotton bud after moisturising.

No comments:

Post a Comment